Transloading is the transfer of a product or material from either truck to railcar or railcar to truck. A key benefit to transloading is that it’s more efficient and cost effective on transporting products long distances. They use less fuel and produce fewer emissions than trucks. Trucks are better at a short haul. A transload facility like the OL&B allows you to combine the strengths of both shipping by rail and trucks.
What products can be transloaded? Simply put, if a product is shipped by truck, it can be shipped by rail. Shipping by rail can reach wherever you need to go domestically or internationally.
Along these tracks there is also a great dedication to safety, and overnight there are security patrols to ensure safety long after the day is done.
|A few key features:
- BNSF Railway and Union Pacific Railroad Interchange
Open to the entire rail system
- Railcar to Truck
- Truck to Railcar
- Truck to Truck
- Concrete and gravel storage area
- Fenced storage area
- Security patrols
- Railcar repair shop on site
- Scale on site
- Railcar storage and staging available on site
- Certified equipment operators
- And more…
- Dedicated to safety
- 35+ years FRA reportable accident free
- Jake Award recipient since 1995
Deliveries to OL&B for Transloading: 1937 Dudley, Lincoln NE